KEEPING AND EXPANDING
Tim has consistently supported efforts that have created new jobs, retained the ones we have and assisted with the expansion of local jobs with existing companies, understanding that we must be able to provide for our children and families.
- According to the Greater Wichita Economic Development Coalition, the public-private economic development organization that Tim helped to found, we’ve created and retained nearly 11,000 jobs and added over 7,000 additional jobs as the result of expansion of local companies. All this since Tim’s been on the Commission
- These jobs have resulted in a projected annual payroll of $864.1 million
- Worked diligently to reinvent, restructure and save Wichita Area Technical College ( WATC )
- Worked with aviation leaders to create and build the National Center for Aviation Training
- Furthered workforce development with the Career Pathways project
- Led the Visioneering alliance on Adult Basic Education